recipe - and she has some hilarious comments in her recipe. i think i'll add kale or spinach in next time.
i also just let mine sit in the crockpot for a bit instead of cooking it on the stove for 20 minutes. just because i made it before noon. all of the flavors blended and oh. my. goodness. it's so good! the consistency of the soup isn't super thick either (much thinner than panera's broccoli cheddar soup) which i am very happy about!
i also saw this smart idea: Make large batches of soup then freeze in silicone muffin molds. Pop 'em out and freeze. Just reheat 2-3 pucks in a mug for a quick dinner. Perfect for the upcoming fall/winter season! BRILLIANT!
one last recipe that i found on pinterest. here is the photo and recipe from pinterest. i didn't take a picture of what i made, but it did not look at yummy as this looks. it didn't stick together as well as this picture. but it was really freaking delicious!!! i also added quite a bit of spinach in (like 1/2 - 3/4 of the frozen bag). just because i add spinach in wherever i can since you can't really taste it anyway and it's so darn healthy.
let me know if you try these out! i highly recommend them!


I would like to try the onion recipe. I LOVE onions! (By the way, I thought you hated onions? I was pleasantly surprised to see this on your blog.) I'll have to figure out what gruyère is. I haven't used it before.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, The pictures are excellent. Did Paul take the one of the soup/bread? You should give him credit for the sunflower pic at the top of your blog. He has become quite the photographer! Love ya both!