Pizza Crust Ingredients
-1 cup warm water
-1 TBSP sugar
-2 & 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
-3 TBSP olive oil
-1 tsp sea salt
-1 & 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
-1 cup whole wheat flour
(the recipe actually called for 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour. this is not necessary, i use the whole wheat)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Stir water, sugar and yeast together until dissolved. add olive oil and salt. then stir in flour until well blended. let dough rest for 10 minutes. (i set the bowl on top of the stove while it's preheating with a towel over it).
2. Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone (i use a stone). if desired add basil, thyme or other seasoning to crust. top pizza and cook 15-20 minutes.
*I first put a little bit of garlic powder and a tiny bit of seasalt on the stone before i spread the dough onto the stone. I then brush with a little bit of olive oil on top of the crust after patting it onto the stone and cook in oven for 3 minutes. I take the dough back out of the oven and top with my veggies and then cook for 15-20 mins.
before 10 minute rest. (just after mixing)
just before 3 minutes in oven
Final product. my side has the cheese. paul's side has the nutritional yeast. haha. it's yummy both ways if you ask me.
seriously, it's sooo easy and you know what is in your dough. less processed. let me know how you like it!



hmmm, i may have to try this. the whole yeast thing really intimidates me too, but this seems pretty simple! :)
ReplyDeletemmm, I just made this! Soooo good! love you lady!
ReplyDeletePizza crust recipes don't vary much, this one is pretty standard- I only say that to let you know that you can't improve on perfection :) I think this is vegan- well, without cheese of course. Isn't it? I've done it with all whole wheat as well. YUM!! We'll have to have pizza nights once you're in OR. We haven't found awesome pizza here that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. We prefer homemade!
ReplyDelete