Paul and me in my veil! sorry i can't figure out how to rotate this... grr!
Boh & Lori 7.24.10
It makes me really appreciate community. As I think about Paul and my wedding day, I am so thankful for all of the people who were there and supported us.
Tonight at the wedding, as I was watching this couple madly in love commit their lives to serving one another in love, I started to think about community and what it means to be a part of a community supporting a bride and groom becoming one.
It is such a comforting thing. That all of these people are cheering this couple on and want them to experience love and life to its fullest.
I think that being a part of this supporting community is to be there through thick and thin, whether by prayer, or by a shoulder to cry on or a voice to laugh with... but to be there, supporting them. and i think about the rate of divorce today... and i wonder why that couple's supporting community didn't stand up and say... NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! it is not just the two of you breaking this vow, but it is also the community that was there witnessing this union.
I have been to so many weddings over the past couple of summers. I think that if any of those couples even considered divorce, we should get the entire community that was there at the wedding together... and give a tough argument. You try and try. it's for better or for worse....til death do you part.
beautiful inspiring marriages...
Chris & Amy
Josh & Chelsea
Ryan & Rach
I pray that if Paul and I were ever in a sticky situation similar, that our community that was there on that day and the people who have come to be within our community will be there pleading and encouraging and on our side. that is so comforting.
the veil....
i really love the connection of the community between it. the bond that it brings.... the day that i got to share with these other two beautiful women, who have supported me through my first year of marriage.
thank you jesus for marriage and community that supports marriage.


:). This is beautiful. I miss you friend. Coffee date is needed, asap.
ReplyDelete