9.25.2010

Promise





Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength.

Isaiah 40:31 (NASB)

Have you seen/heard Louie Giglio's message "How Great is Our God"?  If not, I would highly recommend checking it out on you tube.  i think they have it in like 5 clips or something.  but it's a 40 minute message.

At the end of the sermon, Louie talks about this verse.  This verse is so heavy on my heart right now.  I just received a rejection letter from my top school.  It is really hard.  Sometimes I wish that I had a different passion. Why am I so passionate about medicine?  why do i want to serve people like this?  But i am so sick of forcing things.  Just applying to schools while knowing that I don't fulfill all of the prerequisites.  Just hoping that I will get in.  And so I choose God.  I choose him over my passion.  I know that his plan for me is bigger than my own.  But it is still really hard.

I love his promise.  I choose to trust it.  He does not promise that I will wake up tomorrow and everything will be perfect, just as I had planned.  He doesn't promise me a spot in PA school, even if my heart is to serve him through it.  But what he does promise me is that if I hope in him.  If i wait for him, he will give me new strength.  He will give me just one more breath when i need it... just enough to keep going.  I keep hoping and waiting and he keeps giving me just enough strength to keep going.

In a way, it's comforting.  I don't need to stress or be worried.  Although i'm really good at worrying, it's an awful heavy load to deal with.  All I have to do is seek him.  and he'll give me new strength.

and so i wait.  and while i wait, it's painful. but i am not alone.

something so beautiful to me right now is the psalms.  David is so honest.  He is definitely a 'man after God's own heart'.

The beginning of psalm 4 and 5 read:

"Answer me when I call to you,
O my righteous God.
Give me relief in my distress;
be merciful to me and hear my prayer."

"Give ear to my words, O Lord,
consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
In the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation."


Please encourage me now with a time in your life that you have put all of your hope in the Lord.  A time when you've waited on him.  Tell me how you found new strength.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still in the midst of putting all my hope in the Lord but when I'm finished I will definitely share because right now i am still learning.

    ReplyDelete